[Sca-cooks] beast feasts

Mark S. Harris stefan at texas.net
Sat Jul 13 01:02:34 PDT 2002

Generys commented:
> So, i was thinking about this last weekend is
> that "Strawberries and Snow" recipe that was posted a while back (btw, could
> someone repost that?)

The "snow" recipe can be found in this file in the Florilegium:
wafers-msg        (72K)  3/30/01    Period savory and sweet wafers. Recipes.
http://www.florilegium.org/files/FOOD-BREADS/wafers-msg.html

> and thinking, hmm, that will be pink.  Pigs are
> pink... So, what I was thinking is that I could make the "body" of the pig
> out of the strawberry snow stuff, and then make a head and legs and such out
> of either bread of some sort, or marzipan (though I'm not the marzipan
> expert that m'lady Olwen is), or something like that.  I was hoping to get
> some feedback on the idea - I'm trying to get to something that's, while
> probably not period, at least "perioid" in feel, and *unique*.

The "snow" that I've made is closer to whipped cream. You couldn;t
form such a shape out of it.

Perhaps these files might give you some more ideas:

Warners-art       (32K)  6/29/98    An article on disguised food.
                                   by Alizaunde, Demoiselle de Bregeuf.

http://www.florilegium.org/files/FOOD/Warners-art.html

sotelties-msg    (187K)  6/11/02    Sotelties and Warners - decorated food.

http://www.florilegium.org/files/FOOD-SWEETS/suckets-msg.html
    Mark S. Harris            Austin, Texas          stefan at texas.net