[Sca-cooks] Re:cookbooks with reviews was Intro

johnna holloway johnna at sitka.engin.umich.edu
Sat Jul 13 12:33:42 PDT 2002

You might want to subscribe to Serve It Forth which
carries reviews. The back issues are very valuable for
this sort of search. Check out the website for it at:
http://dialup.pcisys.net/~mem/sif_home.html

Also the Madrone Culinary Guild publishes a very handy
guide entitled The Feudal Gourmet A Culinary Reference
Manual by Jane Lynn of Fenmere and Eden of Lionsguard.
You can e-mail Eden and ask about pricing.
She's at:  "E. Rain" <raghead at liripipe.com>
 It has an
annotated bibliography in it that should get you started.

Another way to acquire if you are looking to buy is to check out the
following culinary merchants...

http://store.yahoo.com/acanthus-books/info.html for Acanthus
which is located in the Midrealm.

http://www.poisonpenpress.com/ which is run by Devra who is active on
the list.

and lastly Foodbooks is at:
http://www.foodbooks.com/welcome.htm

All of these dealers carry medieval oriented materials.

Hope this helps.
I can maybe provide specific titles later this summer after
vacation and after this leg heals. I just can't provide much of a
listing at the moment as I just can't sit and type.

Johnna Holloway  Johnnae llyn Lewis