[Sca-cooks] Re:Epulario was Tomato evidence

johnna holloway johnna at sitka.engin.umich.edu
Sat Jul 13 12:51:30 PDT 2002

I was on my way back to lay down and I saw
this flash up on the screen....

No... no... no..

Epulario, or The Italian banquet by Rosselli, Giovanne de. London :
Printed by A[dam] I[slip] for William Barley, and are to bee sold at his
shop in Gratious street, neere Leaden-hall, 1598 STC (2nd ed.) / 10433

The recipes in it are mainly Martino's recipes (think Platina).
 As such they are not post Columbus as to source. Mary Ella Milham who
did the new edition of Platina has done quite a bit of bibliographical
stuff regarding the versions of Martino that got printed under the
Rosselli name. This is one of them.
Also Laurioux has done quite a bit about them too.

Johnna Holloway  Johnnae llyn Lewis

Philip & Susan Troy wrote:snipped almost everything