[Sca-cooks] medieval Japanese [food] for the total novice..

Elaine Koogler ekoogler1 at comcast.net
Tue Jul 16 06:22:52 PDT 2002

My understanding is that it does not.  But it does give more of an idea as
to what foods/ingredients are period for Japan...not to mention culinary
customs, etc.  I suspect it may well be something like the Chinese food
history I already have..

 Mote, Frederick W.   "Yuan and Ming".  Food in Chinese Culture.  Ed. K. C.
Chang.  London:  Yale University Press, 1977.

This one has great information about Chinese culinary history and customs,
but absolutely no recipes.

Kiri