[Sca-cooks] thanks and more help please?

Robin Carroll-Mann rcmann4 at earthlink.net
Tue Jul 16 08:33:42 PDT 2002

On 16 Jul 2002, at 7:53, Isabella di Giovanni wrote:

> Todays
> problem (didn't I say I usually had one or two going on?) is: I am not
> sure which address to mail to, hence you will be getting doubles of
> this mail; one to .org and one to yahoo.com.  Which one is correct?

The ansteorra.org address is for this message list.  The Yahoo
"list" is just a place where people can post files, pictures, etc.  No
one uses it for messages.

> Also, on my other groups they have an area, that when I go in and
> select that particular group, automatically pulls up the most current
> 5 or so messages, with a calander below where I can pull up what ever
> month I want, including the current. Help. I can't seem to find the
> right area.

SCA-Cooks operates on different software than the Yahoo-type
lists.  It doesn't have a central website for the list, but there ARE
archives where you can read older messages:
http://www.ansteorra.org/pipermail/sca-cooks/

> The only way I am reading responses is that they are coming into my
> mail inbox. Any ideas?

That is normal for this kind of list.  You can read messages in the
archives, but you can't respond to them.  Your best bet is to read
messages in your in-box, and use the archives as a reference
source, or a way to catch up if you've been away.

Barony of Settmour Swamp, East Kingdom
rcmann4 at earthlink.net