[Sca-cooks] Feast Procedural Question

LIADAN at sbcglobal.net LIADAN at sbcglobal.net
Tue Jul 16 15:28:16 PDT 2002

I'd tell them to find someone else to bid. You'd
prefer to know what the budget is for how many and go
from there.

Also, the Brass-hat should butt out! Unless of course
HE plans to do the cooking...then you don't have to
worry, except about a bad feast!

Liadan

also done a lot of
>> feasts (or even one) in the SCA.  I've been doing
them for 26 years, and
>> for the first time, I've been asked to prepare
three menus at different
>> price points (costs of $8, $10, and $12 a person
for food and prep
>> costs), for the "Committee" to then tell me how
much I have to spend.
>>  Every other time I've done a feast, they've told
me what my budget was,
>> and I went from there.
>>
>> In addition, my Baron wants veto power over the
menu.  The last several
>> times we've done feasts, we've hardly even told
them in advance what
>> they're getting, and they've always been happy.  We
always have
>>  alternate dishes prepared for those with allergies
and those who's
>> dietary restrictions are unusual (Vegetarians, low
sodium, etc.  Has