[Sca-cooks] Feast Procedural Question

vongraph vongraph at comcast.net
Tue Jul 16 20:27:10 PDT 2002

> This sounds like he is trying to justify an SCA cook over a professional
> caterer to an event coordinator. I would recommend you speak with your
> baron/committee and ask them why they want this. If you knew the reason
you
> may not find this request unreasonable.
> For those of you who are not familiar with our area(Caid) most of our
venues
> require we use the event sites cooks or caterer. Since event space is a
> premium we don't have the same luxury of finding another site.

I am not sure where you went with that? Or do you mean that the Baron in
question is trying to justify to the autocrat that he should use a Volunteer
Cook (SCA) versus hiring a caterer? And what does it have to do with finding
another site? Do you mean that the site your using requires you to use
"their" caterer?  Down here we don't have the luxery of a second site choice
either actually, we're sorta locked into La No Che (Boy Scout Camp) for both
political and financial reasons. And being a camp,a  caterer is about out of
the question unless Kingdom hired Harper's Raid to do it:) (That's a
shameless plug for the Tavern:) ) But seriously I don't think a caterer
would come out to camp to do feast for hundred or hundred and fifty people
at any cost that would be within reason.

YIS< Elric