[Sca-cooks] Feast Procedural Question

Jim Fox-Davis firedrake at earthlink.net
Tue Jul 16 16:31:25 PDT 2002

Yamil O Kiwan wrote:

>Hi Jared,
>
>This sounds like he is trying to justify an SCA cook over a professional
>caterer to an event coordinator.

Not really.  We have the hall, and as far as they're concerned, I have
free reign with their appliances, but I have to bring my own pots, pans
and utensils. (not a problem).

>I would recommend you speak with your
>baron/committee and ask them why they want this. If you knew the reason you
>may not find this request unreasonable.

I had originally proposed the higher ($12/person) price because I'm
really trying to do a documentably-period feast and there are certain
specialty items that would be a bit pricier if I don't have a friend who
has good luck during deer season, for instance.  I'd -like- to bring it
in under $10, of course.  I think they asked for the variants so they
could see what they'd be getting for the higher price.

>For those of you who are not familiar with our area(Caid) most of our venues
>require we use the event sites cooks or caterer. Since event space is a
>premium we don't have the same luxury of finding another site.

Not an issue here, thank goodness.  We seem already to be establishing a
fine rapport with the hall.  We've been in there a couple of times
already to measure and take pictures, and they're letting us use the
whole facility, not just the dining hall, which is all that they usually
rent out.  [It's a large Masonic facility, and has a lodge room that,
with folding chairs will seat better than 400]

Thanks, Jamal!

Jared