Using hunt result to feed at feast... (was Re: [Sca-cooks] Feast Procedural Question)

Gorgeous Muiredach muiredach at bmee.net
Tue Jul 16 16:51:19 PDT 2002

>there are certain
>specialty items that would be a bit pricier if I don't have a friend who
>has good luck during deer season, for instance.

I personnally would NOT serve food that was caught while hunting.  I don't
have a problem with eating it, I have, and will again.

The issue comes from a department of health thingey.  If the meat hasn't
been inspected, and you sell it as part of a meal, you are opening yourself
up to quite a nasty mess.  Especially if, the gods forbid, someone is sick
after the feast and decides (rightly or not) that it was the venison you
served...

Just a warning from one who has been bit by that bug in the past...

Gorgeous Muiredach the Odd
Shire of Forth Castle
Meridies
mka