[Sca-cooks] Feast Procedural Question

Ratboy kattratt at charter.net
Tue Jul 16 20:04:33 PDT 2002

Ok now I have never been head cook but I have helped alot and heard
about the budgeting...
I could see one case of this but I would think it odd....

Sounds to me like they are still deciding the budget for the event and
usingthe feast to decide it.

The Baronial part I am not sure of.  Sounds like either you ticked
someone off or the baron is to big for his tights.

For the Budgeting aspect of it it could be a compliment... I mean let me
put it this way... If I looked at someone like Admantius who used
friggin lobster in a feast... and that is a WOW!!!! Not a Bitch...  if I
had the opportunity to have him as a chef  then I would have to say uhmm
look we aren't sure of our budget yet can you give us a "standard" feast
menu in this range, then a "Hmmm  Impressive" menu in this range, and a
"Holy Sh#$ WOW" menu in this range.  Then I would seriously look at the
locale... Could we draw enough people to afford the "Holy Sh@#" feast.
 Or would we need to cut down to "Standard"

Master A please don't take any of that as an insult it is not meant as
such you were a convenient example as I have never seen lobster or any
of the shellfish that you used... (May not have been lobster but there
were some serious shellfish...) used at ANY feast EVER!!!!

I think you could take this any way if it weren't for the baronial
decree part...

But That is my two tablespoons worth though.

Nichola