[Sca-cooks] Feast Procedural Question

Mark S. Harris stefan at texas.net
Tue Jul 16 22:10:30 PDT 2002

> While I think it is well within the realm of reason that a rolling
> nooble can ask for an event or feast or whatever to follow a certain
> theme, and maybe even ask for a certain dish (like a personal fave), the
> correct response to that kind of blatant request for micro-management is "No".
>
> MD/Marged
> who will micro-manage til she gets her hands slapped

A "rolling nooble"? I'll have to keep that term in mind. Perhaps
he has been around too many feasts and could deal with sitting this
one out?

I think my tendancy would be to say, here is the menu. I'm willing

to listen to suggestions but if you want veto power, then find
another cook. The line of command should be headcook to the
event steward. The Baron doesn't enter into it. The Seneschal
does though. But neither should be interferring in the running
of the event unless absolutely necessary. The Baron should have
control over any court he is presiding over.

I think the comment on asking for three price levels is a reasonable
request. Feast prices have been climbing, at least around here. The
committee may well decide that the extra money is worth it. But
asking what they get for their money is a reasonable, fiscally
responsible thing to do.

Adamantius' recent 12th Night Feast was a bit more than I'm used
to paying for feasts. But it was well worth it. On the other hand
I've had cheaper feasts that weren't worth the cheaper price.
    Mark S. Harris            Austin, Texas          stefan at texas.net