[Sca-cooks] Feast Procedural Question

Jim Fox-Davis firedrake at earthlink.net
Tue Jul 16 21:00:25 PDT 2002

vongraph wrote:

[snip]

>By the way down here they state feast is $7 or $8 period you figure theres
>100 or 150 eating and go from there, good feast can be brought in at $4.50
>or so with little shopping and paying attention to the sales. And the folks
>eating go away with full bellies and food left over:)
>
>YIS, Elric

Sounds like L.A.'s a little pricier in general.

We did $10/person for a 200-person feast in 2000, with multiple courses
and some exotic items (leg of lamb, duck, etc., plus we -bought-
different breads for each course because we didn't have enough help to
make -that- much bread in advance), and brought it on budget for 200
paying guests + 50-odd servers/helpers.  We still had lots of leftovers
and plenty of the dessert course left over for the revel.  My wife,
Selene, is a whiz at finding the deals -- we've got a couple of good
oriental markets we frequent that have good prices and will cut deals
for quantity.  They're especially fine with interesting seafood.  You
shoulda seen the bouillabase she put together for lunch at an even in March!

We're looking at 250 paying guests for this one plus royalty, kitchen
staff and servers.  The court hall will seat around 400, so we're
looking at around 150 who have to go out, because we don't have room for
'off-board' tables in this hall.

Jared