[Sca-cooks] Knowne Worlde Cook's Potluck

Mark S. Harris stefan at texas.net
Tue Jul 16 22:00:58 PDT 2002

> --- Angie Malone <alm4 at cornell.edu> wrote:
>> Did you say 'range'  you mean an honest to goodness
>> stove?  I am trying to
>> convince somebody remodeling their house that the
>> little apartment size
>> gas/stove/oven will be good for pennsic, so yes, I
>> am a little
>> jealous....ok, I am a lot jealous... ;-)
>>
>>          Angeline
>
> Yep. Four burners and an oven. You know, if you plan
> for it, you can do anything. Our Kitchen Coordinator,
> Margali, has been working damned hard to get us a
> decent kitchen, and she's doing it. And, all of us
> have been helping where we can. You've just gotta
> decide what you want, and how bad you want it.
>
> Phlip

Yep, and this year they are adding a propane freezer to
the kitchen.

And one 'small' point that Phlip has not pointed out above, is

that the stove and presumably the freezer get stored in an
rented storage shed near Pennsic. So they don't have to be
hauled back and forth a long distance to Pennsic each year.
Even though that apartment size gas stove is probably set to
run on natural gas, they can usually be modified to run on
propane by changing out the jets or other adjustments. The
SPCA one was not burning cleanly for most of last Pennsic
until Rob (Margali's husband) showed up near the end and
adjusted it somehow.

    Mark S. Harris            Austin, Texas          stefan at texas.net