[Sca-cooks] Re:Olaf, Resteraunt Guide Extrordinaire

Sudden Service #5 sudnserv5 at netway.com
Tue Jul 16 22:03:02 PDT 2002

    Well, I did hold back some, we will skip breakfast<;^}  I figured y'all
Yankees aren't quite the trenchermen that my brothers are.  After you see
pictures of me next to Bones & Larry you will realize I am the small one of
the brothers-at 6' & 360lbs.  (I am down about 40 lbs since May)
    Seriously, we could spend a long week in the Framingham area eating at
some really good moderate price places & never get out of the adjacent small
towns.  There is a great Brazilian buffet place that does Barbequed meats on
skewers, some of the stuff is really interesting (like cashew fruit juice),
some are cultural things (grilled chicken hearts are a frequent offering).
You pay for the meal by the pound.  Down the street are at least 5 other
Brazilian places.  There is also a great little place with reasonably priced
"American Cuisine" that is an old train station.  There is the great little
Vegetarian Indian place in Ashland.  A Coptic Egyptian guy who used to work
for me at the Mall now owns a good Bagel place Then there are the ethnic
food stores: Indian, South American, Russian, Caribbean..  The only bad
thing is I can't find a near by Mexican place I like-I have to go to Nashua
for that.
    You would have to provide any smoking materials for your self- I don't
do that any more.  However I remember a party once where there were some
really great Brownies that no one could get enough of.  We also didn't have
any Spaghetti left after that night.  Never did get around to making that
Turkey & Stuffing though.
Pax,
Olaf