[Sca-cooks] Re: Italian menus repost with translations this time

Robin Carroll-Mann rcmann4 at earthlink.net
Tue Jul 16 23:08:04 PDT 2002

On 16 Jul 2002, at 23:24, Mark S. Harris wrote:

> Brighid ni Chiarain posted:
> > Anybody want to do the other 364 days?
>
> Wow!!! You mean there is a menu (presumably different) for each day of
> the year in this manuscript?

Yep.  I would give a lot to have something comparable for Spanish
cuisine.  By way of contrast to the July menu, here's one for
February 14th (my birthday):

LUNEDI A DI XIIII

Antipasti
Copiette stufate coperte di peuerata, capretto arrosto, limoni & oliue

Alesso
Vitella, caponi, seccaticcia, salami, minestra di lasagnetti, & sauor
bianco

Frutte
Mele appie, cardi, mandole abbruscate, & finocchio, abbruscato

It's a 376 page book.  It has a lot of good stuff: carving instructions,
duties of household officers, health advice, and recipes.

Barony of Settmour Swamp, East Kingdom
rcmann4 at earthlink.net