[Sca-cooks] About Pennsic Parking: Fwd: Paid Parking

Rosine rosine at sybercom.net
Wed Jul 17 00:03:05 PDT 2002

> Wow. Now this comes across to me as a rather
> brusquely worded, if not a bit rude letter. A bit of
> explanation as to why this change or who
> ordered it would have helped to temper this a bit.
> And oh yes, please do not reply, because I don't
> want to deal with any complaints or
> concerns, etc. :-( An alternative address or a message
> that one would be set up, would show some caring.

   I agree. I hope it sounded the way it did because he was rushed and
worried (or maybe just trying to deal with concerns about how and where
folks with handicap stickers were going to park ... trying to get answers
with a vast pool of volunteers can be, shall we say, frustrating) and I sure
hope he feels better soon. I can't imagine that there's been no plans for a
handicap parking area - no doubt by the time the gates open we'll have one.
It's too much a priority to ignore. (Then again, I think I heard something
about expanded bus service to the parking areas and of course, the MAP folks
will be available, although I'm not sure that rides to cars are in their
purview. But if they are, that would explain the lack of a separate area.)
   But we are at "deadline time". The Land crew are already on their way out
to the site, as is the Autocrat, I think. Even us little folks will be
incommunicado in a couple of weeks as we head to the tent city.
   A couple of weeks! Arg! My boxes! I haven't finished my boxes! What's the
weather gonna be....

Rosine