[Sca-cooks] Feast Procedural Question

Druighad at aol.com Druighad at aol.com
Wed Jul 17 09:12:50 PDT 2002

In a message dated 7/17/02 3:11:56 AM Central Daylight Time,
jenne at fiedlerfamily.net writes:

> However, in my local group because there are so few people willing to cook
> feasts, it's become customary to line up a feast cook without getting a
> bid or menu. At least one feast cook thought it was 'beneath her dignity'
> to submit a bid or even a menu, when she volunteered.  (When I cooked for
> her, she requested and recieved changes to my menu, even though I thought
> they were foolish. So, obviously it's a one way street in that case.)
>
> And the idea that obviously the only people who need to come up with a
> menu ahead of time are the inexperienced or incompetent fosters that kind
> of attitude.

Even when I cook at home for special occasions, I like to plan my menues out
months ahead of time so that I can plan, buy, prep, and sometimes improvise
or change at the last minute if need be. It just makes life easier when you
have a task sheet and time line all laid out ahead of time.

Then too, when I have help, I have those sheets that I can hand them and say
follow this and come back to me if you're not sure of something.  Saying that
submitting a bid or menue is foolish or for the incompetant, is IMNSHO, a
snobbish, elitist,  and unwise course of thought. I admit I am a
perfectionist and *I* wouldn't even consider doing a feast, luncheon, or
event of any size *without* having all the details in front of me before I
commit.

Just my thoughts and ravings...

Finnebhir Moon Dancer
Rhiallu Ulfhednar