Ingredients was Re: [Sca-cooks] Feast Procedural Question

Susan Fox-Davis selene at earthlink.net
Wed Jul 17 09:12:31 PDT 2002

> Me:
> > Yup, we got grains of paradise in the house too.  Sometimes, I'd just
> > dare "Door Knock Dinners" to come around our place.
> Margaret:
> For those of us who live most of their lives not in the room with the
> television (we're contemplating cancelling cable, because we never watch
> it), what *are* you talking about?

You guys need to lock it onto Discovery or something -- I hear there was a
good show about trebuchets last evening.

Door Knock Dinners:
Oh, it's this show on Food Network, where the ever-annoying Gordon Elliot,
accompanied by a "professional chef" and some sort of entertainer [juggler,
a cappella group, etc.] picks a random house, knocks on the door and invites
themselves in, the chef cooks a "gourmet meal" with whatever is in the house
while everyone else snoops around the house, setting up and making [half]
witty quips, then they present a dinner party for the residents with
entertainment.

Well, I don't think they are making this show anymore, and when they did,
the "randomly selected homes" all seemed to be within easy driving distance
of FudTV's HQ in NYC.  Too bad... What I have routinely around the house
would probably give these mundane "professional chefs" heart failure.  I may
or may not have ketchup, but there are five kinds of vinegar and spices that
I know they won't ever have heard of.

Selene, Caid