[Sca-cooks] Feb 14th Italian menu translations

Christine Seelye-King kingstaste at mindspring.com
Wed Jul 17 13:12:20 PDT 2002

Here's my best shot, with Berlitz Menu Reader, Italian/English Dictionary,
and on-line translators (practically useless) in hand.  There are still some
blanks I could not get, I'd be interested in seeing what they may be (bowl
of stewed ?)
Christianna

> Yep.  I would give a lot to have something comparable for Spanish
> cuisine.  By way of contrast to the July menu, here's one for
> February 14th (my birthday):

> LUNEDI A DI XIIII

	February the 14th

> Antipasti
> Copiette stufate coperte di peuerata, capretto arrosto, limoni & oliue

Appetizer
Bowl of stewed ? covered with ----, roasted kid, lemon & olives

> Alesso
> Vitella, caponi, seccaticcia, salami, minestra di lasagnetti, & sauor
bianco

Boiled Course
Veal, capon, dried ?, salami, soup with noodles, and white ?

> Frutte
> Mele appie, cardi, mandole abbruscate, & finocchio, abbruscato

Fruit
Apple Pie, artichokes, toasted almonds, & fennel broiled

Now, how about my birthday on Feb. 12th?
Christianna