[Sca-cooks] Feb 14th Italian menu translations

Robin Carroll-Mann rcmann4 at earthlink.net
Wed Jul 17 14:07:31 PDT 2002

On Wed, 17 Jul 2002 16:12:20 -0400 Christine Seelye-King
<kingstaste at mindspring.com> wrote:

> Here's my best shot, with Berlitz Menu Reader, > Italian/English Dictionary,

> and on-line translators (practically useless)
> in hand.  There are still some
> blanks I could not get, I'd be interested in
> seeing what they may be (bowl of stewed ?)

> > Antipasti
> > Copiette stufate coperte di peuerata,
> > capretto arrosto, limoni & oliue

> Appetizer
> Bowl of stewed ? covered with ----,

I transcribed the text as written, but remember that 'u' and 'v' are often
used interchangeably in old manuscripts.  I would interpret this as
"peverata", which looks a great deal like the Spanish "pebrata" (pepper
sauce).

> Now, how about my birthday on Feb. 12th?
> Christianna

Okay.  When I get home.  You and Margali, and the other lady who posted this
morning.  Then I am declaring the birthday list closed.

I don't mean to sound cranky, but I want to forestall a flood of menu
requests.  In addition to posting the menus I've promised, I will repost the
URL of the book, and the page numbers for the beginning of each month.  Then
folks can look for themselves.

Brighid ni Chiarain