[Sca-cooks] Cornbread....

CorwynWdwd at aol.com CorwynWdwd at aol.com
Wed Jul 17 20:34:02 PDT 2002

In a message dated 7/17/2002 6:12:44 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
phlip_u at yahoo.com writes:

> Any Southerner
>  who can afford to do so will add at least a pinch of
>  sugar to cornbread-

I've lived all my life in South Carolina up to now... and one side of the
family has been here for three hundred years, and I never had sugared corn
bread until I ordered it in a restaurant down in Columbia. I've found the
further south and east you go in this state, the sweeter the cornbread gets
until on some of the coastal islands it's like cake. But in the upstate of
South Carolina, as a rule, we don't sugar our cornbread. We also as a rule
don't use mixes.

Corwyn "I make killer fried cornbread" Wodewarde

To be humble to superiors is duty,
   to equals courtesy,
   to inferiors nobleness.   __ Richard Saunders (Ben Franklin)