[Sca-cooks] Hollandaise, was Bearnaise Sauce

jenne at fiedlerfamily.net jenne at fiedlerfamily.net
Thu Jul 18 05:55:46 PDT 2002

> Mike, however, cooked once, before my eyes, an allegedly Italian dish
> which should have been for chicken breast cutlets rolled in seasoned
> flour, sauteed in olive oil and butter, and sauced with a white-wine,
> lemon, and butter emulsion. Instead, he put the wine and lemon in a
> sauce pan, added a couple of pounds of butter, and brought it all to
> a boil, after which he dumped the cutlets (which he had previously
> floured and deep-fried until brown but not fully cooked) into the
> sauce to finish cooking, until the sauce was broken and the cutlets
> nice and soggy.

One of the things that made a great impression on me in the past was a
'chicken in wine sauce' made by adding 'Little Hugs' concentrate (I think
it was fruit punch) to the chicken.

Hopefully, having mentioned it on the cooks list I can now exorcise the
memory. ;)

-- Jadwiga Zajaczkowa
	"Index your brain."