[Sca-cooks] Feb 12th Italian menu translations

Christine Seelye-King kingstaste at mindspring.com
Thu Jul 18 07:28:45 PDT 2002

Well, I like fish, so this sounds pretty good to me, even with the
incomplete translation.
Christianna
anybody wanna cook for me next February?

> > Now, how about my birthday on Feb. 12th?
> > Christianna
>
> Saturday, February 12
>
> Antipasti
> Rauioli ignudi, uoua ripiene, ombrina salpartentata [?word unclear]

Appetizers
Naked (plain?)ravioli, stuffed eggs, sea bass ?

> Allesso
> Tinche nel tegame, anguilla di Marta con cauoli, pancia di
> salmone, &sauor di noci con aglio

Boiled? Course
Tench in the pan, Eel of Marta with cabbage, belly of salmon,
sauce? of walnuts with garlic

> Fritto
> Spinacci alla Fiorentina, lumache, budelorbi, salsa verde, & oliue

Fried Course
Spinach al la Florence (with oil and herbs), snails, sausage?, green sauce
and olives

> Frutte
> Pere stufate, cascio marzolino, melerose, cardi, & finocchio

Fruit Course
Stewed pears, Farm cheese (Tuscan Marzolino, fresh Pecorino), ?,
artichokes?, and fennel