[Sca-cooks] unusual game meat

Nambeanntan at aol.com Nambeanntan at aol.com
Thu Jul 18 09:29:46 PDT 2002

In a message dated 7/18/2002 11:30:43 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
afmmurphy at earthlink.net writes:

> A friend of mine just got, at his local butcher's, both bear meat and
> boar meat. Now he'd like to know what to do with them! He doesn't know
> what cuts - supposed to be checking that.

I cooked some wild boar for a wedding feast, and was told it came out great.
I marinated the meat for a few hours in an orange, grapefruit, wine mix.  A
bit like cuban pork.  then cooked it on a grill.  I've never cooked bear,
don't even have a recipe.  My cookbook just says its a very dark meat and can
be on the dry side so best to marinate and use a pressure cooker.
YIS
Ld Annan nam Beanntan
Shire of Brineside Moor
Trimaris