[Sca-cooks] need help identify these items

Huette von Ahrens ahrenshav at yahoo.com
Fri Jul 19 00:58:35 PDT 2002

Okay, I have to ask this ...

Since the instructions call for orace, which is Orris
Root, which is Iris root, _and_ it calls for "Calamus
Aromaticus", which you say is "the root of Sweet
Flag".
Last I heard, Sweet Flag was a form of Iris.  Has no
one but me noticed the similarity in ingredients?

Huette

--- "Jones, Craig" <Craig.Jones at airservices.gov.au>
wrote:
> > A delicate washing ball- take three ounces of
> Orace
>
> I'd agree with Phlip, that'll be Orris Root.
>
> >halfe an ounce of Cypres,
>
> I'd try asking Cindy Renfrow on that one.
>
> >two ounces of Calamus Aromaticus,
>
> That'll would be the root of Sweet Flag.  Try not to
> eat it as it has
> reputed hallucinogenic activity.
>
> >one ounce of Rose leaves,
>
> Try for Apothicary's Rose Petals (Rosa Gallica) if
> you can.  A lot of
> modern rose petals are bigger, more colourful but
> totally modern and
> devoid of decent perfume...
>
> Drakey.

=====