[Sca-cooks] Feast quantities

johnna holloway johnna at sitka.engin.umich.edu
Sun Jul 21 01:18:44 PDT 2002

I always used a combination of banquet guidelines
from the professional books and then tweaked them.
Certain dishes are more popular than others; certain
dishes that are cheap are easy to provide in quantity
amounts, provided they are do-able and you have the serving
dishes or platters. Other things are simply specialty items
and that means one per person, no matter how good they are.

It isn't so much quantities as it is the "fuss" factor.
Hand making the pasta works well but it takes time; if you
double the amount served, it increases the time to where
you can't do the rest of the dishes.

Johnnae llyn Lewis  Johnna Holloway