[Sca-cooks] Pennsic birthdays- ot

Patrick Levesque pleves1 at PO-BOX.McGill.Ca
Mon Jul 22 06:05:21 PDT 2002

>I had a recent question about how birthdays were celebrated in period.
> From what I remember being said, they really weren't. Or can someone
>give us any information about period birthday celebrations?
>--

The closest I can find is way OOP - In 18th century Austria or Prussia
(forgot which one, probably both), the Emperor and Empress birthday were
celebrated, amongst other, by a special program at the Opera.

As for the period stuff, besides Christmas, were any of the Saint's
birthday made to coincide with the day dedicated to them?

Petru 'cel Paros' Voda