[Sca-cooks] Cornbread....

Druighad at aol.com Druighad at aol.com
Mon Jul 22 15:12:11 PDT 2002

In a message dated 7/18/02 7:44:25 AM Central Daylight Time,
pixel at hundred-acre-wood.com writes:

> Cornbread is the natural and required accompaniment to chili. Leftovers
> get sliced and toasted and eaten with butter and honey the next morning
> for breakfast.

Absolutely! Day old cornbread is just as good as when it comes right out of
the oven, you cut in half, and just let the butter melt into it. Perfect for
chili!

I don't have the recipe anymore, but I had one for a cornbread which was used
like sponge cake. Fresh cut strawberries spooned over the top, MMMMMMM! It
didn't have a grainy texture like most of the 'breads I've had.  This one was
really smooth and finely textured. A tad on the sweet side, but not overly so.

Finnebhir Moon Dancer
Rhiallu Ulfhednar
Vanished Woods Shire
Middle Kingdom