[Sca-cooks] Are cobblers, crisps, pies OOP?

Mark S. Harris stefan at texas.net
Mon Jul 22 20:58:44 PDT 2002

Brandu commented:
> Apple "pies" are period.
> Sebina Welserin has a recipe for an apple tart that is pretty much
> indistinuishable from "mom's, without a top crust. I served this pie at my
> last event, very good. Please be sure to prebake the pastery, though, or
> you'll have a world of trouble removing it from the pan.
> Yes that is the voice of experience.
>
> Check the florilegium or miscellany.

The original message must be in the digests I skipped for now
to catch up.
Here are some files in the Florilegium that might be of use on this
question.

pies-msg          (51K)  7/31/00    Period pie crusts, meat and fruit pies.

http://www.florilegium.org/files/FOOD/pies-msg.html

fruit-pies-msg    (45K)  1/ 5/01    Period fruit pies. Recipes. Baking pies.
http://www.florilegium.org/files/FOOD/fruit-pies-msg.html

fruit-apples-msg  (61K)  1/19/01    Period apples and apple recipes.
http://www.florilegium.org/files/FOOD-FRUITS/fruit-apples-msg.html
    Mark S. Harris            Austin, Texas          stefan at texas.net