[Sca-cooks] sRE: Northern BBQ/ Brazilian foods

Mark S. Harris stefan at texas.net
Mon Jul 22 22:38:31 PDT 2002

Olaf answered me with:
>     Sorry, I frequently use state abbreviations when I am writing.  TN is
> Tennessee (I was born in Nashville).

Oh, I understood the abbreviation. I was just wondering how it might
be different enough to earn it's own moniker. Is it beef or pork? That
seems to be one of he differances between Texas and Southern BBQ. What
is the sauce like? That seems to be another differance.

Mesquite is commonly used in Texas since it is generally considered a
scrap tree, gives a good taste and hickory would have to be imported.

    Mark S. Harris            Austin, Texas          stefan at texas.net