[Sca-cooks] Feast quantities

Terry Decker t.d.decker at worldnet.att.net
Tue Jul 23 04:58:16 PDT 2002

When I've done it, thaw and rise took between 4 and 6 hours.  The dough had
already gone through the first rise before dividing, shaping, wrapping in
wax paper, and then packaging in plastic bags for the freezer.  I'd
recommend making two to four loaves for home use, freeze them  and run your
own tests.

For freezing, double the yeast.

For feasts, I normally prepare eight loaves at a time, which is what a 13
quart stainless steel bowl will handle.  I may drop this to four loaves in a
batch now that I have a KitchenAid to help with the kneading.

Bear