[Sca-cooks] Feast quantities

Bronwynmgn at aol.com Bronwynmgn at aol.com
Tue Jul 23 07:07:37 PDT 2002

In a message dated 7/22/2002 10:14:24 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
rcmann4 at earthlink.net writes:

> .  I admit to looking wistfully at quail ($5 each),

I've got a local source for quail which, if you buy by the 25-bird pack,
works out to $2.62/bird.  If I remember properly, single birds are $3 each.
It's over here in Northern Lancaster County, PA, probably about a 2 hour
drive from you.  The things are frozen solid; it took over 24 hours for them
to thaw, and I ended up soaking them to get them all the way thawed in time
to cook.  Bring a cooler with you, and they would not be noticeably warmer
when you got home :-)

Brangwayna
PS they also sell 3 kinds of duck and various other sorts of really
interesting poultry, and rabbit.

www.eberlypoultry.com