[Sca-cooks] Feast quantities

Tue Jul 23 07:31:22 PDT 2002

Frozen loaves of baked bread not quite as good as day old bread, but they
are useable.  It helps to warm them briefly after they thaw.

Frozen dough takes longer to thaw and bake, but it uses less freezer space.
As an added advantage, you get the odor of baking bread as an enticement to
join the feast.  It does help sell seats at the feast, if you have any left.

I've also spent the two days before the feast baking bread at home and not
worried about cold storage.

My preference, because I am a baker and fresh bake goods are one of the
hallmarks of my feasts, is to take over the kitchen on Friday and bake
everything fresh. But I've played with most of the other methods, due to
considerations of time, storage, site and quantities.

Bear