[Sca-cooks] Feast quantities

Barbara Benson vox8 at mindspring.com
Tue Jul 23 20:30:14 PDT 2002

<quoth Bear>
> My preference, because I am a baker and fresh bake goods are one of the
> hallmarks of my feasts, is to take over the kitchen on Friday and bake
> everything fresh.

Just to make you jealous... One of the sites that we use has a huge
pizza/bread type oven. One of those big black jobbies that is about 6 feet
tall and 5 feet wide and 3 -4 feet deep with 5 of the pull down doors. It
takes about 2 hours to get to heat, but it is fantastic. The lady who baked
the bread for my feast was able to bake 30 loaves all at the same time.

And as if that wasn't enough, they just installed a convection oven. We in
the SCA have the distinction of being the only group that uses the site that
is allowed to use the kitchen. Everyone else has to use the site's cook (who
has ran the kitchen for the last 25 years).

Glad Tidings,
Serena da Riva