[Sca-cooks] Feast quantities

LIADAN at sbcglobal.net LIADAN at sbcglobal.net
Tue Jul 23 10:19:27 PDT 2002

Bear said:
>I will admit baking is long hard work.  It is very
cost effective if you
>plan to use a large number of bake goods or are going
to serve specialty
>bake goods.  It doesn't take much experience to
prepare simple breads, but
>you need to plan for the time it takes.  If you have
someone who likes to
>bake, talk them into taking over the baking.  I've
baked bread for many more
>feasts than I've been the headcook for, and I'm
certain Liadan will vouch
>for the idea of bring a baker on-board.

If I ever feastocrat an event again, I'll ask Bear
back to do the breads/baked goods.  It was a pleasure
to work with him. And the breads and Spanish Pastries
(Welserin) turned out beautifully.  Only problem: only
rye bread leftovers. No light bread or pastries.  I
heard the rest disappeared during the night.

Liadan
Bear even made cinnamon rolls for breakfast for the
kitchen crew and royalty!