[Sca-cooks] Feast quantities

Christine Seelye-King kingstaste at mindspring.com
Tue Jul 23 15:56:20 PDT 2002

> > Kitchen
> > experiences can include construction, scrubbing, digging and minor
> > plumbing issues, and some of it in the wee hours of the morning.
>
> Not relevant to my situation.  This is a dinner feast at a one-day
> event.  Rented hall w/ commercial kitchen.
>

> Brighid ni Chiarain

	Actually, that last paragraph was written by my protege, Lady Ella, based
on an experience (as so many things in this book are) that she had as
autocrat at a commercial site, and wound up with one of the other ladies in
our group crawling around underneath the world's largest water heater (no
foolin', this thing is the size of a VW Beatle on it's end) at 2AM.
Presumeably, you won't be there in the wee hours, but don't count out having
to unjam drains, plunge toilets, light pilot lights, and a myriad of other
tasks that come under the heading of 'plumbing'.
Christianna