[Sca-cooks] Question about recipe for Spanish torte/torta

Robin Carroll-Mann rcmann4 at earthlink.net
Wed Jul 24 08:16:31 PDT 2002

On 24 Jul 2002, at 7:29, BaronessaIlaria at aol.com wrote:

> In a message dated 07/24/2002 1:23:43 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
> mooncat at in-tch.com writes:
>
> > I'm trying to find the recipe (think it was posted last summer???)
> > that
> involves
> >  peaches or melons, made into a torta, and perhaps the peaches were
> >  pureed??  Think the recipe was late period.
>
> Is this what you were looking for?
>
> Source: Rouperto de Nola, _Libro de Guisados_ (Spanish, 1529)
> Translation: Lady Brighid ni Chiarain (Robin Carroll-Mann)
>
> POTAJE LLAMADO PERSICATE
> Pottage called Peach-Dish

No, that's a pottage or sauce, and she's looking for a tart/pie.  I
think she means the recipe in this message:
http://www.ansteorra.org/pipermail/sca-cooks/2002-
April/023193.html

I posted a recipe for peach tart from Granado, which Vincente
kindly translated.  Don't be fooled by the title, which is Melon Tart;
at the end, peaches are suggested as a variation on the recipe.

Barony of Settmour Swamp, East Kingdom
rcmann4 at earthlink.net