[Sca-cooks] Hobarts and convection ovens for baking

Philippa Alderton phlip_u at yahoo.com
Wed Jul 24 23:46:22 PDT 2002

--- "Laura C. Minnick" <lcm at efn.org> wrote:
> At 04:19 PM 7/25/02 +1000, you wrote:
> >
> >> Not asking for much, are we?
> >
> >Well a boy does need someone to aim for.  So I'd
> like a cute costume
> >laurel and some rubber embroidery needles for
> Christmas please :)
>
> How 'bout some better glasses instead?
> (rummagerummage) Here- try these.
> The rose-tinting come free!
>
> >> Just have to point out that costuming Laurels,
> very nearly by
> >definition,
> >> are not rich. They have spent it all on pearls,
> brocade, and feathers.
> >
> >Feathers???  Ok.  I haven't seen many period
> portraiture with feathers
> >on it.  That's the dancing laurels making their
> chicken suits for the
> >chicken dance perhaps...
>
> Check out Elizabethan portraits- frequently see
> feathers on hats and fans.
> And Avraham ;-D)

Now, Avraham wasn't wearing a single feather when he
came to visit this weekend. And he was very polite
when Rob and I took him to a flea market, and spent
the entire time pricing bits of steel. He didn't even
slap me when I solemnly assured some vendor that the
bench horn we bought was going back to work on a work
bench, rather than as a decoration in some Dr's living
room....

Phlip

=====
Never a horse that cain't be rode,