[Sca-cooks] Hobarts and convection ovens for baking

Laura C. Minnick lcm at efn.org
Wed Jul 24 23:38:03 PDT 2002

At 04:19 PM 7/25/02 +1000, you wrote:

>> Not asking for much, are we?
>
>Well a boy does need someone to aim for.  So I'd like a cute costume
>laurel and some rubber embroidery needles for Christmas please :)

How 'bout some better glasses instead? (rummagerummage) Here- try these.
The rose-tinting come free!

>> Just have to point out that costuming Laurels, very nearly by
>definition,
>> are not rich. They have spent it all on pearls, brocade, and feathers.
>
>Feathers???  Ok.  I haven't seen many period portraiture with feathers
>on it.  That's the dancing laurels making their chicken suits for the
>chicken dance perhaps...

Check out Elizabethan portraits- frequently see feathers on hats and fans.
And Avraham ;-D)

>> (How bout you look for an up-and-coming costumer, someone who can
>> experiment and learn as she dresses you. And _you_ can shower her with
>> expensive sewing gadgets!)
>
>Sounds good.  What do I get out of the Deal?
>
>Drakey.

Decent clothes, and affection from someone who has room to grow _with_ you.

Besides- the costume laurels would only get upset at you- you'll cook,
she'll gain weight, and all of those pretty clothes... heh heh heh...

Aunty 'Lainie, advisor to the Lovelorn