[Sca-cooks] Chicken hearts

Philip & Susan Troy troy at asan.com
Thu Jul 25 04:39:37 PDT 2002

Also sprach Susan Fox-Davis:
>The routine was on Bill Cosby's comedy albums in the 60's, before the cartoon
>series.
>I didn't think they did anything as anti-social as the chicken heart sketch or
>the
>pushcart race on the sanitized Saturday cartoon version of the Cosby Kids
>anyway.
>
>Selene C, much too culturally literate

No, they couldn't possibly have had the Go Cart (Go Cart! Not
pushcart!) race on television, or there'd have been children all over
America, stealing baby-coach wheels. The babies would look up and
say, "Why me?"

Re Fat Albert, I STR there was a one-shot, half-hour animated cartoon
made for prime-time (as in evening, when things can't suck _quite_ as
bad as they did on Saturdays, when the audience was primarily
children) that I recall was actually quite good. The series wasn't
for at least a year or two, IIRC.

And then, the Chicken Heart routine actually _was_ on some radio
program: he's not kidding. It may have been changed somewhat either
for effect, or simply by his own childhood, selective memory, but it
may actually have been on "Lights Out" (again, a real program) for
all I know. I'll look it up ASAP.

Adamantius
deserves to be called a scholar."
	-DONALD FOSTER