[Sca-cooks] Latin lesson, OT OOP

Laura C. Minnick lcm at efn.org
Thu Jul 25 23:13:51 PDT 2002

At 10:50 PM 7/25/02 -0700, you wrote:

>Laura C. Minnick wrote:
>

>> Quite literally he is saying 'to struggle and to escape'
>>
>So we're talking childbirth here? :)
>
>Edouard

A brief exchange during Lydia's birth (more than 14 years ago)

Me: I want to go home!
Midwife: Honey, you are home.
Me: I want to go away!

It is worth noting that I bit my husband during that labor.

It only gets worse. Eventually they become teeangers. Then escape becomes a
common fantasy. Mine- not theirs!

Now, if Edouard was using his finely honed powers of critical thought, he
would not have left an opening for comments about his own childhood. :-)
Dad told me quite a few things. Suffice it to say- he was the last one. ;-D)

What's the Latin for 'gotcha'?

'Lainie
feeling eeevil and jonesing for chocolate