[Sca-cooks] Help! take a thousand eggs

Bronwynmgn at aol.com Bronwynmgn at aol.com
Fri Jul 26 07:27:14 PDT 2002

In a message dated 7/25/2002 6:40:45 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
jenne at fiedlerfamily.net writes:

> Help, oh help! Could someone who can find their copy of _Take a thousand
> eggs_ look up the recipe for 'Sauce for Pigeons' and email it to me?
> I can't find my copy of the cookbook and I'm making the sauce for
> saturday!

You're in luck - it was by the computer:

Sauce for Peiouns.  Take percely, oynouns, garleke, and salt, and mynce smal
the percely and the oynouns, and grynde the garleke, and temper it with
vynegre y-now; and mynce the rostid peiouns and cast the sauce ther-on
a-boute, and serve it forth.

1 cup parsley, minced
1/3 cup red wine vinegar
1 small onion, minced
1 clove garlic, minced
1/2 tsp salt

Mix all ingredients, chill.

Sauce for chicken for the royals?  I figured I'd do that if they came to our
event; nothing off their diets in that, and it's basically salsa without the
tomatoes!

Brangwayna