[Sca-cooks] Hobarts and convection ovens for baking

Isabella di Giovanni isabella_di_giovanni at yahoo.com
Fri Jul 26 17:11:46 PDT 2002

 That's what I need. Does anyone have a spare Hobart I can borrow? I am baking 480 rolls and 12 cakes this w-e.
Isabella (chained to her kitchen and didn't even get to go to Lonely Mountain...but Fergus did!!)
  Edouard de Bruyerecourt <bruyere at mind.net> wrote:

Laura C. Minnick wrote:

>Nope. A Hobart is a muckin' huge mixer. You can do extry-large batches of
>dough, etc in them.

That's a mild description. They actually come in different sizes, from
counter top models that are two feet high (think KitchenAid's Notre Dame
defensive tackle big brother) to floor models about five feet high
(cross a KitchenAid with a T-1000 "Terminator") with mixing bowls that
are 24-30" across. They could beat 12 dozen eggs easily. Or whip two
cases of mashed potatoes (turnips?) They also have the drive attachment
on the front for slicing or grating wheels. The only way to shredd a
case of carrots or five flats of mushrooms in maybe five minutes or less.

They also have multi-ratio drive wheels, so you can change the power
ratio for whipping or kneading dough.

Edouard