Kitchen cleanliness (was Re: [Sca-cooks] Leaving the site cleaner thanwe found it

Sue Clemenger mooncat at in-tch.com
Sat Jul 27 08:16:04 PDT 2002

I dunno about the logistics involved in licensing folks like that (nor
the possible legal/insurance nightmare that might come from folks making
assumptions about the "licensing,"), but I sure wish we were at least
_trained_ in some more-or-less standard way--some sort of SCA
publication like the seneschals', etc. handbooks.
I'd been cooking SCA feasts, to the best of my meager ability, for
almost a doz. years before I ever even *heard* of cross-contamination
(from this list--I've only been on a couple of years).  And I still
don't quite have the knack of accurately judging food quantities (always
seem to end up with too much of stuff--which we *do* give away, but
still....) And I'm sure there's other stuff I still don't know about
that would be useful (hints on timing, etc.).
Couldn't this, at the very least-and-unofficial, be some sort of
collaborative effort between those of you like Muirdeach who've had some
sort of actual professional training/schooling....Assembled into a 8 or
10 page document (or whatever length), and kept on a website somewhere,
so one could download it, or read it as needed?
Yes, I know there are articles here and there that touch on some of
these things (I bet there's a discussion or two on it in the
Florilegium, neh? everything else seems to be in there! <g>), but I keep
thinking that a pamphlet, or short publication, might be more
accessible.....
--Maire with her two morning pence worth, and always willing to learn
something new!