[Sca-cooks] Re: Marzipan

Sue Clemenger mooncat at in-tch.com
Sat Jul 27 08:20:02 PDT 2002

Correct me if I'm wrong, please, but I believe someone on this list a
while back said that saunders is *not* the same stuff as the pinky-red
sandalwood I can get in the "loose herbs for making sachets and
pomanders and incense" section of my local herbal store.  I ordered
Saunders from the Pepperers' Guild (who, I notice, is back online!
Yeah!), and it's much more an orangey-red (kinda terracotta colored).
--Maire, who thinks Olwen's infected her with the playing-with-marzipan
bug.....AAAaaccckkk!!! Run away fast!