[Sca-cooks] OT Atkins diet, etc

Susan Fox-Davis selene at earthlink.net
Sat Jul 27 10:36:23 PDT 2002

I knew I was asking for trouble when I even mentioned Atkins, didn't I?  Oy.
My aunt went to the actual Dr. Atkins, whom she said behaved horribly to his
patients, so I have little to love about the man but the cookbooks appear to
have their uses.

I've had my physical already.  My organs are all functionally normally, the
only "bad" is high cholesterol [with superior HDL which helps], my doctor has
given me the go-ahead for a low-carbohydrate diet. I'll eat my veggies even if
they make me make cat-hairball noises.  Art satisfied, master chiurgeon?

The difficult meal for me is breakfast.  I must eat in the morning.  There are
only so many eggs I can face day after day.  Any other ideas?

Selene Colfox, Caid
selene at earthlink.net