[Sca-cooks] OT Atkins diet, etc

Rob Downie rdownie at icenter.net
Sat Jul 27 10:53:48 PDT 2002

Here are some of the sample menu breakfasts from _Protein Power_:
(each meal contains less than 10g of carbohydrate)

Smoked salmon and cream cheese omlet
(or Omlet filled with mushrooms, cheddar and onion, etc, etc)
1/2 cup fresh strawberries
1 slice light bread toast with butter
coffee, tea or water

Cottage cheese
1/2 cup fresh strawberries
coffee, tea or water

Breakfast fruit smoothie:
1/2 cup sliced srawberries, raspberries, or peaches, fresh or frozen
1/2 cup cottage cheese
1/4 cup plain yoghurt
sugar free tang or crystal light to taste (enough to cover everything else in the
blender jar)

Fluffy pancakes:
2 xtra large eggs
1/4 cup cottage cheese
2 T cream cheese
3 T wheat germ
1 T rice flour or wondra
1 tsp baking powder
pinch of soda
(accompany with a pat of butter and a couple of slices of crisp bacon)

There were also times we were in a rush in the morning where I'd just grab a chunk
of ham or summer sausage and a sice of cantaloupe or other fruit to go

I know there are also quite a few low carb cooking websites out there, but with
all the options available to me with this diet, I never bothered pursuing them.
The scary thing is we were eating much healthier when were actively following the
diet - lots of fibre, veggies, fruits, not chowing down on junkfood every day,
drinking lots of water...

Faerisa