[Sca-cooks] lugging ice vs. electric refrig

Bronwynmgn at aol.com Bronwynmgn at aol.com
Sun Jul 28 11:23:59 PDT 2002

In a message dated 7/26/2002 5:51:24 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
ekoogler1 at comcast.net writes:

> Phillip uses a CPAP machine to
> help him sleep at night and feels MUCH better when he uses it.  However, it
> doesn't come with any sort of a battery pack, so he needs a 110 source to
> run the thing.  We are trying to figure out where such a thing can be
> had...it would need to run 8 - 10 hours without recharging, and output 110
> electricity, and have a place where the machine can be plugged into it.
> Any
> ideas?

Honestly, the only thing I can think of, if his unit is totally incapable of
being powered by battery, is a generator of some sort.
But I know a number of people who use CPAP and BiPAP machines at Pennsic, and
every one I know if is powered by some sort of external battery - not one
integral to the unit, in other words.  I believe that it is possible to buy
converters to take the form of electricity produced by a battery and change
it to other forms, isn't it?  The person I am most familiar with, but whom I
unfortunately no longer have email info for, uses a deep cell marine battery
for his.  These batteries can be charged in the barn at the power wheelchair
stations by arrangement with the disabilities coordinator, I believe. You
might try contacting him; he might have spoken with other CPAP users about
this that he could have contact you.

Brangwayna