[Sca-cooks] Oops...

Isabella di Giovanni isabella_di_giovanni at yahoo.com
Mon Jul 29 07:41:30 PDT 2002

 Maire, thank you for the early morning enlightment. Actually that sounds pretty good. Where are you located, if I  may ask?
I realize it is 8:30ish, my time, but with only 3 hours sleep and a 4 year-old watching Rollie Poly Ollie (or whatever) it seems MUUUUCH earlier.
There was a seminar going on somewhere...How to cook for 150 people and not lose your sanity....or some such. I shoulda paid more attention to where it was....and gone!! If I live through this, with all my hair and sense of humor, I will consider myself a true SCAdian (after all, I did Outlandish 5 days after getting out of the hospital from an emergency major surgery.
By the way, thanks again to all of you who gave me info and sites on my quest for dessert..not period ginger spice cake won out. Puttin 12 of those puppies in the oven today and tomorrow!
Isabella-propping her eyelids open with toothpicks..until the Columbian gets done!!
  Sue Clemenger <mooncat at in-tch.com> wrote: Naw, naw, ya got it alllll wrong....
Besides, I do not like green lutefisk and spam,
I do not like them, Sven I am!!!
--Maire, starting *realllll* early this Monday
(fried vikings, for the unenlightened, are also not vikings who've
consumed too much mead....they're a rather tasty long cabob of ground,
spiced meat, which are stuck on a corndog stick, dipped into a decently
light batter almost like a tempura batter, and then quickly deep-fried.
One eats them with ketchup. Sold by a couple of the Norwegian-heritage
type groups located here in town....booth is usually down the row from
the fry-bread booth I donate time at (nummers!) and the tater-pig booth
(baking potato hollowed out with an apple corer and filled with link
sausage [often known locally as "piggy sausages"] before being wrapped
in foil and baked...mmmmmm-mmmmm)