[Sca-cooks] Feast Ambience

Laura C. Minnick lcm at efn.org
Tue Jul 30 19:41:28 PDT 2002

At 12:21 PM 7/31/02 +1000, you wrote:
>Lady Cecily didst scribe...
>>In the meanwhile I was wondering if you do special things to help with >the
>>ambience of your feasts- to go along with the wonderful food and
>> >subtleties?
>
>Over here in Lochac we always use Candles for lighting our event halls...
>Gives it that "ambient glow" (and soft lighting is soooo forgiving on age
>lines ;-p)
>
>I understand that some US states have laws regulating against that? (or is
>an insurance matter??)

No- mostly site owners who don't want 'accidents', and they can probably
blame their insurance carrier but I've never seen a policy with anything
about No Candles At Banquets. Particularly since so many of our feast sites
are also wedding reception favorites, and you know there's candles there!

_Outdoors_ is another matter- there frequently are laws about open flame,
so fires, torches, etc., are right out. Best for the autocrat to find out
ahead of time and put it in the copy.

'Lainie
-plenty of smoke and fire in Oregon! Want some? ;-)